Or you could catch an impressive live show, complete with live celebrity monologues and expertly improvised scenes, which costs you, once you add $5 valet, cheap drinks, free popcorn and no need to go anywhere else afterward, about the same as an oil change at Jiffy Lube.
The live show I speak of is the Armando Diaz show, which is structured like this:
- Celebrity asks for a suggestion from the audience
- Celebrity performs monologue inspired by the suggestion
- Expert improvisers make up scenes based on themes that emerged during the celebrity monologue
- Celebrity performs another monologue inspired by what has so far emerged
- The skilled improvisers make up more scenes based on themes that have so far emerged while simultaneously tying together scenes and themes
- Celebrity performs another monologue
- More scenes
- Another monologue or more scenes or...who knows?!
Upcoming celebrity monologists:
October 29 - Maribeth Monroe (Workaholics)
November 5 - Molly McNearney (Head writer at Jimmy Kimmel Live!)
November 12 - Brad Morris (Uncle Brother and The Reckoning)
November 19 - Rachel Harris (The Hangover)
For a complete line-up of the Main Stage fare this Saturday night, visit west.ioimprov.com